Wednesday 1 June 2016

A drawing a day #1


HI everyone!
This week I’ve given myself the challenge to post a drawing once a day onto this blog.

Today I did a self-portrait. I was in our study and I saw a book with the word ‘self-portrait' in the corner. I normally get ideas this way. I daydream sometimes and look into the distance and see something out of the corner of my eye. When I stop daydreaming and look at it clearly it usually doesn’t look exactly as I thought but then I go and draw what I imagined. Then I thought about the time my old art teacher got out some small round mirrors and told us we were going to do self-portraits. So here is today's drawing.
Self Portrait, 2016, 420 x 300mm (A3)
I hope you like my idea and I hope you're inspired to do more art, S.

No comments:

Post a Comment